[IRCA] WNCA 1570 Siler City, North Carolina

[IRCA] WNCA 1570 Siler City, North Carolina

I wanted to provide a more detailed report.

I just called WNCA-AM 1570 in Siler City, North Carolina. I wanted to get
the station email address and I figured.. a small town station on a Sunday
running church programs, someone was probably there.

I called to get the station's email because on Friday night I had picked up
their signal on my Realistic Patrolman SW60 around 8:45. For about 10
almost 15 minutes, there were no commercial breaks.. just mentions of
"Eagles High School Football". About 8:57 pm, they gave a score update,
mentioning the time left in the quarter then about 2 minutes later, the
play by play guy did a live station id "Your listening to Eagles High
School Football on WNCA 1570 AM in Siler City, North Carolina".

The WNCA signal was about a 4 out of 10. Very steady once it came in, but
weak and 2 other stations were still below them. Before tuning in WNCA, I
had a music station and an ESPN sports station battling it, but i was never
able to ID either of the stations before they gave up the frequency to WNCA.

I'm led to believe WNCA was on their 280W non directional night pwoer and
not the 5KW Non directional daytime power. The signal would've been better
if they were at 5KW or even 1KW at night.Well, guess who happened to be
working at the station this afternoon when I called? The football play by
play guy and he was quite floored when I told him what I had heard and
basically quoted some of what he said word for word.

That is pretty cool in my book of radio geekdom.

I am in Ridgway Pennsylvania about 2 1/2 hours Northeast of Pittsburgh and
1 hour south of Olean, NY.

Paul Walker