[IRCA] TP DX for Sunday Sept 29

It was another reasonably good morning for TPs. The usual crowd of strong signals were at their normal strength. On Sunday mornings, I can usually could on at least one local toning down their programming. This week it was KJR, which cut down on the splash long enough for decent reception of JOKR-954.

I had a second station on 774, quite noticeable behind JOUB and quite likely the Hubei PBS station we often hear at Grayland.

My other notable log was the NHK station on 756, instead of the usual Chinese station. It was quite weak but the 1300 time pips precisely matched those on 594

Alaskans were once again missing in action.

Good
594 JOAK 3+1 pips & JJ talk 1300, lively conversation 1323 nice signal for a few minutes
693     IOAB EE lessons 1343
747    JOIB, 1343 EE lesson talking about the human genome
774 JOUB 1343 quite strong w/EE lesson //747, unid CC station in background 972 KBS, 3+1 pips, fanfare, woman opening anmt for next program 1300, KK talk & mx fair-good for next hour, still there 1400 w/weak KK talk & pips
1053    jammer 1326
1566 HLAZ, church service 1310 until appx 1340, various anmts, piano mx & closing anmt for JJ service 1344. Carrier dropped for antenna change, then back w/CC program 1575 VOA, music ending Vietnamese pgm 1329:30, ID "This program has come to you from the Voice of America, Washington", then start of Khmer program beginning w/EE ID & VOA jingle

Fair
567    JOIK animated JJ talk fair in KVI splat 1345
657 DPRK, 3+1 pips 1300, then lost in splatter for a while before surfacing w/emphatic KK talk 1311
828    JOBB EE lesson 1341
954 JOKR, woman JJ talk 1340 then part of a song, more talk 1342. KJR surprisingly cooperative today with minimal splatter for a few minutes
981    CNR1, 1341 Chinese opera music

Poor
603 male talk occasionallly audible, possibly a CC woman too 1321, very faint
648    CC tlk 1343 presumably VoR
666    JOBK, faint JJ talk //594 1322
702 Unids, 1334 male talk too weak to ID language but may have mentioned English number "75", faint traces of a second station possibly //693 in background
738    woman in CC 1325
756 JOGK, 3+1 pips matching perfectly with 594, then faint bits of talk 1300 that sounded //594
819    DPRK, emphatic KK talk 1317 in KGNW splat, then vocal mx
864    Asian talk 1316
891    bits of talk 1346
945    echoey talk in KJR splat 1340
963    Music 1328
1017    music & male talk 1341
1044    vocal music 1334
1134    3+1 pips sounded KBS-like 1300, JJ woman & KK man mixing 1330
1206 KK talk from Yanbian-1206.95. There's also something on 1205.98 and 1205.99. It's a busier channel than I thought it was.
1224    audio traces 1346
1242    weak JJ talk, possible ad w/phone ringing 1354
1287    music 1353
1323    weak CRI theme mx & ID 1301, bits of RR talk 1314
1341    male talk very weak 1353
1476    very weak talk 1321

Bruce in Seattle
Winradio Excalibur