Re: [IRCA] Possible cable internet noise??

Re: [IRCA] Possible cable internet noise??

Martin et al,

I have an extensive in house computer network ie, firewall,wired router, 2 switches, and a wireless router. I have 11 computers (all linux except 2 OS-X Apple). I get little or no interference from any of this.

I do get interference from my computer monitor occasionally. I have a KVM switch (Keyboard, Video, Mouse switch) it allows me to switch one keyboard, monitor, and mouse between several computers. I strongly suspect it is actually from the cable (which I have tried shielding) as I can make it go away by switching to a computer that is not displaying anything.

My biggest source of interference comes from a neighbors house about 3 doors down. Using my Sangean ATS909 I have tracked this down to something in a neighbors basement. He has not been home much so I don't know what it is. I suspect a cheap switching power supply as I can hear multiples of the interfering signal as I go up in frequency.

Steve