[IRCA] REMINDER: DX get-together in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois next Saturday, Sept. 14th

[IRCA] REMINDER: DX get-together in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois next Saturday, Sept. 14th

    The 5th DX mid-AMerica Get-Together (and first in almost 15 years) will be held on Saturday Sept. 14th at the Ramada Inn located at 902 West Killarney Street in Urbana, Illinois.  The GTG will begin at 1 p.m. Central Time, and refreshments will be provided.  To get there, simply take Interstate 74 from the east or west, turn south at Exit #183 onto Lincoln Avenue, go about 1 block, and the Ramada Inn will be on the northwest corner of the intersection of Killarney Street and Lincoln Avenue (there is a Circle K convenience store on the southwest corner of that intersection).  As has been the case with past DXMA get-togethers, this will be just a 1-day event and will last into the evening as long as folks stick around.  This is an all-band event, and those who want to bring radios, QSLs, logbooks, bumper stickers to trade, etc., are welcome to do so.   Please feel free to visit the DX mid-AMerica website (expertly maintained by DXMA's founder,
 John Rieger) at http://www.angelfire.com/wi/dxmidamerica.  Your hosts for this event are Rick Dau and Earl Higgins.  If you have any further questions about the GTG, please feel free to e-mail Rick at drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx or call 402-415-4743.  See you on the 14th!

UPDATE: I had stated in my last invite to everyone that Earl and I would be getting into Champaign on Friday evening the 13th.  There has been a change in plans, and we won't be arriving now until about noon on Saturday.  I have spoken with the Ramada, and they have told me that there should be no problem at all with us getting the room before the standard 3 p.m. check-in time, so the GTG's start time of 1 p.m. still stands.  For any of you who plan on getting there Friday night, my apologies for the inconvenience.  And in lieu of heading out to eat somewhere late Saturday afternoon, we will probably be getting pizza delivered to us at the GTG.  See you at 1:00 Saturday afternoon!  73 de RWD