Re: [IRCA] A $40 Software-Defined Radio

Aha! I've been wondering when there'd be one that enables me to listen to MW, LW, VLF, etc! :) I wonder if it can be made to run with an Android phone running 4.1.2 Jellybean, instead of a windows/mac PC/laptop? I might like to try experimenting with this, one thing being using it as a band-wide visual spotting receiver when trying to DX TPs on my ultralights. :)

Another thought ... I have a PL-380 and PL-606 in various states of disrepair. (PL-380 has broken tuning knob, PL-606 has broken display.) I wonder if the Si4734 chips could be harvested and used to power an Android-based SDR? (Then of course there's the issue of keeping nearby noise sources shielded from the antenna.)