[IRCA] article on IBOC

WBZ will not drop IBOC until the transmitter has been pried out of it's hot dead hands. I've written several emails to Mark Manuellian chief engineer of WBZ in the past complaining about it'd wideband noise jamming other stations, and well let me put it this way, his attitude was not exactly conducive to an ongoing dialogue about the negatives of IBOC. WINS 1010 and WBZ 1030 completely jam 1000-1050 kHz here most nights, besides the jamming the audio is also weak and distorted and barely listenable, in HD it sounds shrill and artifact laden. (the few seconds I actually got it to lock in).

Bob Young
Millbury, Ma
KB1OKL