Re: [IRCA] article on IBOC

I especially liked the comment where the station shut down the IBOC and
there were no customer complaints. That pretty much spells it out.

Back a number of years, what was WDDZ-550 in the Providence, RI market had IBOC. It wouldn't work at night despite a very competent contractor tried getting the antenna system compatible. Finally it was shut down daytime as well. There were no comments at all about IBOC from listeners, even when it started originally or stopped. Nothing at all.

WHJJ-920 in Providence also had daytime IBOC. Same antenna system problem, as it simply wouldn't work at night. Last time I asked their engineer, there were no comments there either.

WPRO-630 in Providence also ran IBOC, but only a very short time. The only thing I heard about that station was a complaint that IBOC made noise and less pleasant to listen.

Now if only WBZ-1030 in Boston, MA drops IBOC, there will be some happier adjacent stations. 1020 Pittsburg, PA and 1040 in upstate NY.

Craig Healy