Re: [IRCA] TP"s for Sunday, September 01, 2013

Re: [IRCA] TP"s for Sunday, September 01, 2013

Well, Dennis, I'd guess we are roughly equivalent in the solar cycle to where we were in 2001 (barring the fact that of course there are far fewer sunspots this time around):

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SolarCycle/f10.gif

So, I took a peek at my records for September of that year. We weren't doing daily reports then it appears, but Patrick Martin heard a pile of Asiatics on Sept 7 (I'll bet he would still hear them at his location), and Nigel heard 1566 and 1575 around the same time. But the rest of us were pretty quiet; even John Bryant didn't start reporting Asians until October.

So, maybe we're not doing too badly for a sunspot peak year?

best wishes,

Nick