[IRCA] WINW 1520

Hi All:

WINW, 1520, Canton, Ohio IS operating with its black gospel format.  However it appears to be running much reduced power.  As far as I was able to tell, driving through, it quickly grows inaudible as one leaves the city of Canton.  The signal strength is not only weak in the city, the sound quality is poor.  Indeed this is the first time I ever heard a local signal fade when the car passed under an overhead sign in the heart of its city of license.  I wonder if they're running it into a longwire.  They are certainly not using their directional array so, to go on protecting the 1520 just 20 miles away in Kent, they must be using very low power.  In the time I listened I heard only female announcers and they ran right through the TOH with no ID.

Also noted: No sign of WCER, 900, so they are still off, as is WEMM, 1200, Huntington, WZZW, 1600, Milton,, WV, and WLGC, 1520, Greenup, KY.  WZUM, 1550, Braddock, PA was running black gospel and WAVL, 910, Apollo, PA, calls itself ,"The New WAVL," but continues with its old format of contemporary Christian in the AM (until 9:00), and then goes to religious talk.

73
David Faulkner