Re: [IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Cape Perpetua) Ultralight TP's and DU's for 8-19

Re: [IRCA] Oregon Cliff (Cape Perpetua) Ultralight TP's and DU's for 8-19

Hi Nick,

<<<  It's hard to believe that we were listening on the same planet Gary,
let alone the same coast, though admittedly, I'm quite a way from the
open Pacific here.   As I said yesterday, that morning was pretty
much the biggest stinker this summer here.   >>>

Yes, it seems that a more southerly location can often make all the difference in TP propagation. Dennis was DXing right in between us, and he reported some of what showed up at the Cliff yesterday, including the awesome signal from 1566-HLAZ.

The cliffs like Rockwork and Cape Perpetua really do seem to generate their own unique twists in DU and TP propagation, though, even when compared to adjacent sea level beaches. That's probably why the results often seem so bizarre and wacky.

73, Gary DeBock (back in the DU-dead zone of Puyallup, WA)