From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Mon, Aug 19, 2013 9:09 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TP's for Monday, August 19, 2013---Victoria version

Yikes....that southerly location, you guys.  For me, this has to have
been the most useless morning of the summer....or from a propagation
standpoint, rather interesting.  Very few carriers, and incredibly
erratic.  A strong carrier would quickly disappear, then back again
some time later.   The only one to really deliver audio here, less
than 30 seconds, with maybe 5 readable, was, of all things, JOBB-828.

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or
noise could be understood by a native speaker:

JOBB-828 fading up  to man in JJ, then another in EE saying "roll out
the red carpet" at 1246UT, and within seconds, gone again

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be
guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in
talk or music) :

756 unID man talking way down in the murk 1247UT; normally I'd
consider this a carrier, but I was desperate, hi

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or
ravaged by splatter):

738 774 819 882 891 1008 1143 1503 1566

best wishes,

Nick

At 17:18 19-08-13, you wrote:

>Hi Dennis,
>
>Thanks for your detailed TP-DXing report from this morning.
>
><<<    Another Asian morning here with a powerhouse HLAZ 1566 coming
>in on the eton
>E100 barefoot.   >>>
>
>The same thing happened here at the Cape Perpetua ocean cliff,
>Dennis. 1566-HLAZ had a meltdown-level signal at 1243 which was
>pegging the S/N readout nonstop on a "barefoot" 7.5" loopstick PL-380.
>
>73, Gary DeBock (driving back close to Kalama this morning on I-5)

editors, publishing staff, or officers