[IRCA] TP 7 Aug; Victoria version

A ton of carriers today, with a fair bit of audio, including a New Zealander that I think I haven't logged at home before. But then, there was that mystery on 972...

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least briefly):

738 Tahiti...vocal pop mx 1246UT, assumed to be this, as FF talk had been heard several times previous to this time

Reasonable audio at times during the period (much of it understandable by a native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

756 R. NZ National man and woman talking about reading 1241UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be understood by a native speaker:

531 man talking 1238UT, definitely not DU EE, then into Pacific Islands choral mx ; presumed PI radio.

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

279 man talking, RR inflection?  1132UT
567 man talking DU EE inflection 1207UT, hard to tell in splatter
603 slow vocal mx 1208UT, man talking, didn't seem DU EE, but NZ on this channel is Maori. Got stronger with Pacific Islands style chanting w/steel guitar
819 traces of DU EE talk by woman 1235UT
837 R. NZ National woman talking 1244UT //756
918 R. NZ National woman and man talking 1242UT //756; catch of the morning
972 woman talking 1147UT, then man and woman, quite aggressive sounding chat 1205UT, KK??
1008 man talking, likely DU EE inflection 1226UT, but too much splash
1566 HLAZ traces of  "What a Friend I Have in Jesus"  1230UT

Strongish het, no or "near imaginary"audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

657 675 702 774 828 855 882 891 909 936 963 1026 1053 1179 1215 1287(SAH) 1458 1476 1503

best wishes,

Nick