Re: [IRCA] Fwd: Topband: tree losses

The topband group might be interested also Russ....I will forward it if you're not a member.

best wishes,

Nick

At 20:30 05-08-13, you wrote:
Somewhere in my archives, I have an article from the old Broadcast Management and Engineering magazine, an article written by a known broadcast consulting engineer on this subject. As he was located near me when I lived in Northern NJ, I met with him and was able to acquire some of his notes and documentation. Hopefully I still have both. He measured the seasonal changes through the year to the signals of various local and semilocal transmitters and from that concluded that
tree leaves did provide measurable degradation in signals at AM frequencies.

If I can't locate my copies, I may be able to locate the article on the web.

I'll be able to provide more info later for anyone who might be interested.

Russ Edmunds
15 mi NNW of Philadelphia
Grid FN20id
<wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx>

AM:  Modified Sony ICF 2010's barefoot
FM: Yamaha T-80 & T-85, each w/ Conrad RDS Decoder;
Onkyo T-450RDS; Tecsun PL-310 ( 2);
modified Sony ICF2010 w/APS9B @ 15';
Grundig G8 w/whip; modified Sony ICF2010 w/whip