[IRCA] K-LOVE on steroids (and other matters)

[IRCA] K-LOVE on steroids (and other matters)

Hi All:

I have never, in all my years of DXing in Port Huron, heard anything on 1520 during the day except what sounds like a WPHM/WHLS mixing product.  But this morning, at 8 a.m., on the car radio, had a very nice signal from WNWT, Rossford/Toledo (K-LOVE).  It was putting a very listenable signal into Detroit and didn't fade completely until we got to Marion, Ohio.  At bvowling Green its signal strength was at least the equal of WSPD, with al other Toledo area stations weaker.  We usually are barely able to hear the K-LOVE on 98.7 that serves Ashland/Mansfield, Ohio while passing Upper Sandusky.  Today it lasted all the way into Delaware.  Power increases?  Divine intervention?

In other matters...
WEMM-1200, WLGC and WINW-1520 and WZZW-1600 all continue off.  WJEH, 990, Galipolis, OH, was off Sunday.  Will check on them tomorrow.
We took a road trip to Grove City, PA on June 28.  WWCS, 540. Cannonsburg, PA, used to get in here pretty well.  No sign of 'em here, no sign of 'em in Athens, no sign of 'em in Marietta, weak, garbled signal into Cambridge, listenable by the time we got to Wheeling.  Coming up 71 from Washington, PA, they sounded like we were passing through some rather deep nulls. They must be running reduced power for some reason.

73
David Faulkner
Albany, Ohio