From: Guy Atkins <dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jun 21, 2013 07:42 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Ultralight "Cliffhanger" DU-DXpeditions

Hi Brian,

I don't think Gary will mind if I jump in here and add a couple details in
response.

Here's a link that I've sent to others, which shows the Google Maps
location of the turnout on the highway at the Cape Perpetua cliff DXing
location:  http://goo.gl/maps/9Kax    If you use the Street View feature
you can see the amount of space that's available for a few cars, and the
approach to the spot. The location is a little over a mile south of
Yachats, Oregon, and maybe 1/8th or 1/4th mile north of the visitor's
center.

Have fun DXing at the Oregon coast, and leave some DX for me  ;^)    I'll
be arriving there a week later.

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Brian Chapel <ve7aul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Gary.
>
> I will be spending one night in Newport and one night in Coos Bay during
> the week preceding the first DXpedition so I would like to see the sites
> and hopefully do some DXing there.
>
>  "Rockwork 4" is located about 10 miles south of Cannon Beach, OR, and
>> has a 400' sheer drop off to the Pacific Ocean directly below the DXing
>> site.
>>

> On the east side of the road in Oswald West State Park there is a large
> parking lot. About 1 mile south of that and about 2 miles north of Manzania
> on the west side of 101 I see three smaller cliff-side parking lots. Is one
> of those the Canon Beach site?
>
>  Cape Perpetua is located 2 miles south of Yachats, OR, and its turnoff
>> site has the additional thrill of being directly in the headlights of
>> 18-wheel trucks before they make their final turn on Highway 101.
>>

> Where is that in relation to the entrance to the Cape Perpetua Visitor
> Center?
>
> Brian Chapel
> Victoria, BC

editors, publishing staff, or officers