Re: [IRCA] Subject: 1566 (non)

Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 05:07:10 +0000
From: Walter Salmaniw <canswl@xxxxxxxxx>

I thought I might check whether 1566 was propagating tonight.  At 05:05 UTC, zilch here in Victoria, BC.  I guess the ionosphere hasn't settled down yet to allow trans-Polar propagation.  73,   Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC

======

Not really trans-polar ---

So these guys are getting it in the Pacific northeast – should be no
less audible further east, right? Not on ordinary equipment, but I
checked anyway around 0500 one night. WRTH says morning broadcast
starts at 0315, until 0555, with 100 kW. Parakou is in central Benin,
well north of Cotonou. The direct path to Victoria exits Africa circa
the Morocco/Sahara border, across Açores, enters North America across
mid-Labrador, misses USA entirely. The bearing of Parakou from
Victoria is 56 degrees (Glenn Hauser, WORLD OF RADIO 1671, DX
LISTENING DIGEST) As usual I say a lot more here than I have time for
on WOR, but part of the above was mentioned (gh, DXLD)