Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] [AMFMTVDX] TEST MAY 5

On Sunday 05 May 2013 00:12:48 JR Renfrew wrote:
> Jim Renfrew, Holley NY
>       0001-0004 edt    Morse code through heavy QRM, mostly from "WENY"
> (WENI) south of here.
>        0006    lower toned morse code
>         0007    more morse code
>
>     Going back over my code transcribing, I have
>
> "WKAL AM 1450 Rome" but I'm missing a lot due to QRM

The test was heard easily here - I'm only 150 miles away.  The full text of
the repeated code message was "DE WKAL AM 1450 ROME NEW YORK".
The 1000 Hz tones cut through the crud a lot better than the 400 Hz tones.

I have the whole test recorded, but haven't checked for transmitted material
other than the code that was repeated continuously for the first few minutes.

Thanks for the test!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon VE3JF  Ottawa, ON