[IRCA] KSEY results - draft, please read and comment

[IRCA] KSEY results - draft, please read and comment

I'm prepping a report re the KSEY test. Can those of you who heard or tried and didn't hear it review the following for accuracy? Please feel free to add an observation or two if you wish.

HEARD:

Our most distant report (tentatively, until I receive a final tally)) comes from:

Allen Willie, NL Bristol's Hope – Four segments of Morse
code.

Other reports:

Dave Hascall IN Indianapolis – Signal very poor with
test tones and sweeps heard for ULR log #300. It’s Dave’s his farthest-ever
graveyard catch, by four miles (beat 1230 Lakeland FL from 1991).

Wayne Heinen, CO Aurora – Heard nicely with sweep and
off-hook phone tones and Morse code IDs.

Glenn Hauser, OK Enid – Sweep tones, off-hook signals,
rapid beeps but no Morse code IDs.

Bruce Winkelman, OK Tulsa – Sweep, off-hook and step
tones, and Morse code IDs.

John Rieger, WI Milwaukee – Poor signal with sweeps but
no code.

Tom Jasinski, IL Joliet – Sweep and staircase
tones.

Bill Dvorak, WI Madison – Sweeps and Morse.

J.D. Stephens, AL - Sweeps and code.

AB Northwestern – not sure who – Colin
Newell ???

Rick Dau, NE Omaha – Sweep and off-hook tones, code
IDs.  “So loud is KSEY above
everything else on the channel that I can still hear it in my headphones, which
are sitting roughly 15 feet away from me as I’m typing this.”

James Niven, TX Austin – Sweep tones and Morse code.
Sweeps very easy to hear. Morse code seemed down in the mud but could make it
out.

TRIED BUT NOT HEARD
Shawn Axelrod, MB Winnipeg
Bruce Portzer, WA Seattle