[IRCA] Talk Radio at Work

Really? If you can't tune out the pseudo-intellectual dribble that comes from Glen Beck, Rush, or others on talk radio and still manage to get your
work done you should consider an appointment with a neurologist.

Years from now, history will likely judge the rise of talk-radio and polarized TV news networks as the leading contributor to the death of the American political system. Let's face it, killing the fairness doctrine and allowing ownership of multiple stations in a single market have contributed nothing but profit
and disinformation to the radio dial.

The public owns the spectrum, and should demand meaningful regulation to insure that it's used for the public benefit, and not just to line corporate
coffers.

The nonsense of talk-radio is why you have no compromise in Washington now. Even the Senate is besieged by the dogma at both ends of the political spectrum. True believers "pick and chose" what news media they consume to insure that their beliefs are reinforced and never challenged by opposing ideas. Without the Fairness Doctrine, broadcasters assume no responsibility for their responsibility in our democracy--and we let it happen.

Sad days indeed, both for local radio, and our country.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF