 From: Sylvain Naud <sylvainnaud62@xxxxxxxxx>
To: International Radio Club of America <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; AM WTFDA <amdx@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2013 11:42:13 AM
Subject: [IRCA] 2012 Fall loggings

Hi All,

Here you'll find my last Fall loggings, mostly TAs and Latins:

http://www.quebecdx.com/fall_2012_logs.txt

During that span, some interesting propagation leaded to some rare re-logs like China 1521, Ukraine 972, Russia 873 and Oman 1413 to name a few. I also had the great pleasure to add a much desired country, Ecuador thanks to HCHC2, Radio Caravana in Guayaquil:http://www.quebecdx.com/ecuador_hcrc2_750.mp3 (/fútbol /action beneath the domestic)

I'm taking now this opportunity to share some great recordings from last month. On a great nightfor LW propagation, I heard for the first time NRK 1 on 153 KHz from Ingøy, Norway with a quite steady signal with music, ID and news: http://www.quebecdx.com/norway_153.mp3 (01-12-2013 05:59 UTC). That same night, I also had the pleasure to hear R.Rossii from the Siberian outlet in Surgut on 225 KHz mixing with Polandthanks to a dawn enhancement from the transmitter side: http://www.quebecdx.com/russia_225.mp3 (01-12-201303:28 UTC).

And referring to that thread on Finland 963 in early January, here's how it sounded at one time: http://www.quebecdx.com/finland_cri_963b.mp3 (01-10-2013 22:03 UTC)

Good DX!

Sylvain Naud
Portneuf, Quebec

Perseus SDR
Icom ICR75 with LF mods

228 meters (750 feet) remote controlled switchable termination beverage pointing towards
Africa when terminated (268-88 degrees)
289 meters (950 feet, winter seasonal) terminated beverage towards Europe (55 degrees)
455 meters (1500 feet winter seasonal) remote controlled switchable termination beverage
pointing towards Eastern Europe - India when terminated (215-35 degrees)

T2FD cut for 90m band
pa0rdt mini-whip
Two 30 meters (100 feet) long wire
Homebrew remote wire antenna switcher