[IRCA] Question for UK or International DXers

[IRCA] Question for UK or International DXers

Hello To All,

This evening on 1026 khz amongst the signals of Iran and Spain, another station which was in English sounding like BBC popped up from the mix with a male announcer played a song ( unknown in English) then mentioned Jersey a couple of times, however no BBC ID heard.

 It was only in for a short time around 19:45 UTC today. It soon vanished with the Iran & Spanish stations becoming even stronger.

Is BBC Radio Jersey still operating on AM 1026 currently ?

European Medium Wave Guide is still listing it,  and only at 1000 watts.

I know this isn't a lot of info to help and I'll likely have to try and listen for it in the coming days once again.

Any help would be appreciated

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland