Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 06:52:58 -0800
From: drummer1965usa@xxxxxxxxx
To: abdx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; am@xxxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
CC: n0sce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; neerniew@xxxxxxxxx; catmann03@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [NRC-AM] Passing of Jimmy O'Neill (1940-2013)

Dunno how my local paper, the Omaha World-Herald, missed this, but they somehow did.  Legendary DJ and TV host of "Shindig!", Jimmy O'Neill, passed away on January 11, just three days after his 73rd birthday.  During his early years in radio, O'Neill worked at KQV in Pittsburgh, and at KRLA and KFWB in Los Angeles.  It was while he was at KFWB that he got his biggest career break, hosting "Shindig!", a musical variety show that aired on ABC for almost a year and a half starting in Sept. 1964.  I recall hearing him in the mid-1970s on WOW-590 in Omaha.

73,
Rick Dau
South Omaha, Nebraska
_______________________________________________ The NRC AM mailing list Questions? owner@xxxxxxxxxxx Pre-orders for the 33rd AM Radio Log Now being accepted! Shipping 8/27/2012 FM Atlas 21st Edition Close Out Prices! Order both at http://www.nrcdxas.org