[IRCA] TP 20 Jan; Victoria version

Gosh, another day down the pipe, and I still haven't sent in my loggings. As mentioned, there was some liveliness before 1430UT, but it began to look as if there would be no sunrise boost, as things just got pretty quiet around 1530UT (except for my infernal local electrical noise). But a few odd ones crept through after that, and there were even audio traces from 1566 at 1630UT, and hints of audio on 1287 at 1700UT, both after my noise switched off. But mainly, it was a Japanese, low band morning.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

747 JOIB s/off chimes at 1541UT; the best strength of the morning, plus the splatter was more subdued by this time
774  JOUB EE lessons 1439UT, and also this strength with anthem at 1540UT
828 JOBB EE lessons 1429UT "that's it for today's time trials"; s/off chimes at this strength 1544UT

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

567 JOIK  man in JJ 1425UT
891 JOHK man and woman in JJ //567 and better strength, at 1431UT
972 HLCA man in KK 1426UT
1287 JOHR pop mx 1427UT followed by man in JJ

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

279 R. Rossii w/man and woman in RR at 1438UT. The wonderful lack of splatter made this weak signal quite readable.
558 slow vocal mx at 1428UT
594 JOAK man and woman in JJ //567 1425UT

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

639 unID male talk, too weak to tell; didn't seem //6125
666 JOBK man talking //594 1502UT; not heard for awhile
702 NHK2 synchros; woman w/EE lessons 1429UT //774
837 JOQK man talking //1594 at 1503UT; also not heard for awhile
909 unID male talk 1439UT
954 man talking 1427UT; JOKR?
1143 slow instrumental mx at 1536 and 1550UT.  No idea.
1188 man talking; too insistent sounding for JJ? This at 1605UT, but a quiet band at 1639UT allowed weak male talk to creep through on this channel. Not sure what is on FEBC at this time, webstream didn't seem the same, and 1566 wasn't available for a parallel
1314 JJ inflected talk by man and woman 1538UT; JOUF?

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

864 936 945 1008 1179  1242 1251  1305 1323 1332

best wishes,

Nick