Re: [IRCA] India on 1071

Hello To All,

With all the correspondence lately regarding hearing India on 1071, I thought I would add a couple of additional notes to the conversation.

It was definitely a thrill for me to finally catch India on medium wave 1071 khz for the first time on September 9, 2012 @ 00:45 UTC on both the Kenwood R 5000 and even more satisfying, the Sony SRF-M37W Ultralight.

Since moving to Newfoundland from Alberta in 2002 I have been very eager to try and catch India on medium wave , as the DX teams at Cappahayden have done.

Back in 2009 I was atop Signal Hill and thought that I had India on 1566 using the Ultralight radio but it soon faded out before I could hear any other definitive identifier to confirm.

The signal on 1071 has been easily heard here most days since the new transmitter was first commissioned.

Here is reception of India on 1071 khz  , Dec 3, 2012 using the Kenwood R 5000 w/ 320 foot wire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSo_eqncUMc

Good DX to All

Allen Willie
Bristol's Hope, Newfoundland