[IRCA] KFKA 1310 CO on day power? etc etc

[IRCA] KFKA 1310 CO on day power? etc etc

KFKA 1310 is ripping up WIBA here in IL on my W/WNW antenna. I can get them in well during the best SSS cx, but nothing like this ever noted at night. I suspect that they didn't switch to night rig. Since building an endfire array of two Double KAZ Antennas, my DX has improved due mainly to more narrow beamwidth. I've recently pulled KYUL and even KLIX out from under WIBA at night, but never had KFKA close to this good.

I have to also question the night pattern of KRPI 1550 WA and whether KRKE 1550 NM is dropping all the way down to 27w as both are showing up at night now often mixing with pesty KYAL.
KRPI is not an uncommon SSS visitor and I often hear them switch pattern and drop out. KRPI only has a small back lobe this way at night.

1480 is often dominated by KRAE WY which is new for me this season. Are they using 72w night power?

1440 KRDZ is in about half the time o/u WROK/others. A frequent SSS visitor that previously dropped out when they'd switch and was rarely able to be heard here at night.

After hundreds of times trying for KLFE 1590 from Seattle for more than a decade, I now have quite a few Freedom 1590 slogans and full ID's recorded.

1680 is interesting at night as KNTS from Seattle now often dominates over IA TIS's with KRJO the 3rd station on the channel. Little KGED from Fresno is noted once they switch power and nothing at all from east of me ever noted.

1690 has Disney atop KFSG much of the time although now KFSG can dominate even with 1 kw. Semi-local WVON is a distant 3rd and if I want to hear Greek mx from Toronto dominate I have to switch to the truck radio.

I caught a new one tonight on 1550 with a La Missionera slogan at 1900 CST with KYAL in a lull. This is KXEX from Fresno and still on day power as was KGED 1680 also noted. I've been noted some SS rlg there and finally IDed it. No trace of CBEF or WDLR ever noted unless I use the truck rx and its omni whip.

I logged KCLK 1430 from WA during Halloween's super SSS cx with ID on the hour and then gone as switched, but with the array I've noted a couple weak ID's from them. Once again, I've seen no reports of them running day power at night.

Hopefully some detailed listening to Perseus recordings yield some more from tonight as cx were decent.

73 KAZ Barrington IL..Perseus and 2 element endfire Double KAZ array at 285 deg.