[IRCA] New one for me WMOB

Gang,

Tuning across the band this morning, and came across WMOB in Mobile Alabama loud and clear. So strong I am amazed that I have not heard them before.

Bought one of these the other day.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Realtek-RTL2832U-Elonics-E4000-Based-USB-DVB-T-Receiver-Ships-From-USA-FAST-/150966709398?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2326512c96

They were designed to receive European TV but it was discovered that a SDR lay hidden in the code. Got it up and running under Linux using gnuradio. Tunes 52Mhz to 2.2Ghz, with a gap in the middle from 1112mhz to 1246mhz Not bad for about $20.

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G
ng0g@xxxxxxxxx