[IRCA] Quoddy House DXpedition - Dec. 1 - 8, 2012

[IRCA] Quoddy House DXpedition - Dec. 1 - 8, 2012

Results from a DXpedition to Quoddy House, near Lubec, Maine, from December 1 - 8 can be found here:

<http://realmonitor.com/am_logs_QH3.php>

Best results were found with an extended DKAZ antenna pointing at 60 deg with Rt = 820 Ohms. After freezing my fingers and wearing out my hips oh how I long for a remotely variable Rt!

No Alaska logging this year. ;-) ... but I was surprised to find a few TP receptions that produced audio and came in better on the 60 deg antenna than one I had up briefly pointing 330 deg -- 'right at' Asia! Must have something to do with the auroral donut, time of year and sunspot cycle.

Anyway, my logs are presented as sound samples rather than written text.

Bill Whitacre
Alexandria, VA