[IRCA] AIH18 DXpedition report from Finland

[IRCA] AIH18 DXpedition report from Finland

Yet another DXpedition report from Aihkiniemi in the Finnish Lapland can be found on DXing.info at http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/aih18rep.dx

Logging AM stations from Malawi, Uganda and other African countries was the highlight of this October DXpedition. From the East, new Thai and Chinese stations were heard often. AIH18 began just two weeks after we concluded AIH17, and in between there were no major changes in propagation.

We had a total of 13 Beverage-type antennas, each about 1 km (3,000 ft) in length. The latest addition was an antenna pointing at 160 degrees, which proved to be very useful.

In addition to DXing, we enjoyed the first snow and hiking in the mountains of Lapland.

73s
Mika Makelainen
DXing.info