Re: [IRCA] First Vehicle Without AM Radio

Re: [IRCA] First Vehicle Without AM Radio

IRCA,

On 11/12/12 3:23 PM, Russ Edmunds wrote:
That dates way back to when FM was first slowly gaining acceptance. FM broadcasters convinced the Feds that this mandate was the only way to save FM back in the day. Doubtful, but not impossible, but since they got the mandate, we'll never know.

Perhaps I could convince the FCC that the only way to save AM is for all stations go at least 50%, 1954 to 1965 oldies, all the time. Bring back the Coasters, Chuck Berry, Del Vikings, doo wop, real rock and roll....Oh I feel as old as that old man I saw in the mirror this morning when I was shaving.

Steve
--
Stephen Hawkins NG0G
ng0g@xxxxxxxxx