[IRCA] Tonight's SSS from IL

A quick summary and as usual this time in Oct I use my south antenna for a recording up to 6pm CDT and then switch over to my west antenna til 8:30 when everything has switched power/pattern. A new one to the south on 1470 with WBFC from KY in nicely as it seems WMBD wasn't skipping in yet. WAFS from Atlanta easily thru WOWO. This is common now that they have 25 kw days. A nice one on 1230 with WABN giving a snowie wx fcst! VA GYers are very rare here and this is only the 2nd time I've had them.

This time in Oct can be fantastic for western SSS and this month has been OK, but not superb. KIML 1270 was in early enough for an ID o/u WKBF at 7pm but us usual I find no other WY regionals. 1170 Mex mx s.b. KJJD from CO which is rather rare and they disappeared a bit after 7:15. MT on on 1180 and 1150 as has been common this past week. One would expect cx to that direction to continue to 11 kw KQQQ 1150 but it never has. I presume sports on 700 u/WLW was Spokane and Sports on 1100 u/WTAM Vegas. Both are common in good cx and I'll listen carefully to recordings to be sure. Both went away at 8 pm switch.

Earlyish high end skip in NW WA with KRPI giving me a rare ID by and Indian accented guy after typical mx at 8 pm. This can be considerably better than it was. 1690 KFSG again in well with ID and SS rlg KNTS 1680 also in well with calls and Radio Luz ID. Later near 8:30 while still on day power KFSG was huge on peaks with RR lang pounding Disney from Denver which dominates over WVON here in decent cx even when on 1 kw. To show of antenna directivity, if I drive around at night using the DX truck omni whip, usually Toronto's Greek is dominant on 1690 but since building the larger Double KAZ and carefully tweaking my termination resistance, I've had no trace of back end Toronto 1690.

73 KAZ Barrington IL who expects more to surface with careful listening to his many recordings tonight.