[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle for October 29

This was another good morning here. Lots of TP signals were poking through some really bad electrical noise. There's no telling what I might have heard if the noise was at a lower level.

There were carriers on just about every 9 kHz channel you could think of, except for a few like 882 and 999 that are next to strong locals. In the interests of time, I won't bother listing them all. There were a few that were almost good enough to produce interesting audio on frequencies like 1395 and 1548. I wish I knew who they were.

Alaskans were missing in action today, which was surprising after their big showing yesterday.

Some of the usual powerhouses were down a bit today, but some second and third tier channels were producing audio for the first time this season. The combination made for a very interesting morning.

Here's what the SDR captured 1225 to 1445 UTC today

Really great audio (if only for brief periods)
828 JOBB, strongest of the NHK stations (unusual for them), CC lessons good 1359, then pips 1400
972    HLCA, KK talk good 1252
1053    jammer unusually good 1350
1242 JOLF, 1435 fading up to decent level w/JJ talk, almost as strong as 1240 domestics
1566    HLAZ, 1344 usual end of JJ pgm with ID and piano music

Somewhat OK audio at times
693    JOAB, CC lessons // 828 1358
738 TAIWAN, producing its first decent audio of the season, woman in CC 1439 fair
747    JOIB, JJ talk fair 1432
1017    CHINA, CRI fair w/KK talk 1409
1476 CHINA, 5+1 pips then CC talk and fanfare weak 1400, better 1436 w/echoey woman in CC 1593 CHINA, Theme music and ID 1401, good signal but hammered by KLFE-1590 splash 1602 NHK, pips at 1400 but not much else, much better at 1430 w/talk //774

Bits and pieces of stuff in the noise and splatter
639 CNR producing its first audio of the season, CC talk at 1426 during pause in KCIS-630 splash 702 4 carriers visible on SDR display, bits of talk 1324 with buzz from the one that was far off freq, apparently a mix of DPRK, NHK and something else
729    Female talk in splash 1429, not sure if JJ or CC
774 JOUB, unexpectedly weak given how other signals were coming in, poor with JJ talk 1314
1026    CC talk weak 1427
1134    bits of talk 1430, unable to ID language
1377 CHINA, decent signal 1401 but horrible KRKO-1380 splat, CC talk //1593
1422    Male talk, possibly JJ 1359
1494    Weak but definite JJ talk, not strong enough to ID it 1441
1557    Audio trying desperately to get past the domestic splash 1407
1575    VOA traces of talk 1414

Bruce in Seattle
Winradio Excalibur with K9AY antenna