[IRCA] TP DX in Seattle - 22 Oct

This was certainly a strange morning indeed. My experiences didn't match any of the other TP reports I've seen so far. But that's OK, because the same could be said for the rest of the folks who listened here in Washington, BC, and Alberta.

I let the SDR run from 1227 to 1442 UTC and can sum up the results as follows:

- I didn't hear diddlly-squat below about 1200 kHz, except for a few carriers. The normal powerhouses like 747 774 and 972 were reduced to pathetic little wispy blips rising a couple of db above the noise. There was a decent carrier on 1098, but that was the best signal I could find in the lower and middle part of the band during the entire 2+ hours. - Above 1300 kHz and after 1400 UTC, there was a TP carrier (some with audio) on every 9 kHz channel EXCEPT 1350 1440 1530 1458 and 1467 (the latter two being victims of a strong local on 1460). - There was an interesting high band enhancement 1425-1440 UTC, which produced some good signals for a few minutes, as listed below.

Really good audio
1566 HLAZ - woman in Chinese 1431
1575 VOA - crystal clear English ID, then Burmese program 1430

Fair audio, partly understandable by a native speaker
1377 CNR1 CC talk 1428
1593 CNR1 CC talk 1439, first time ever heard here thanks to KLFE-1590

Bits and pieces of audio in the splatter
1422 - Talk in what was probably Japanese 1435
1548  - Talk in unid language 1431, but too much domestic splatter
1557 - Presumed Family Radio 1430+ with what sounded like EE talk
1602 - traces of talk in splatter, sounded Japanese 1431 but potential //s on 747 774 etc were inaudible!

Carriers that were strong enough to produce audio but didn't because they were next to splashy locals
1359
1539
1584

Bruce in Seattle