[IRCA] Puallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-22

[IRCA] Puallup, WA Ultralight TP's for 10-22

Hello All,

There was limited time to chase DX here this morning, but definitely enough to experience the high band Asiatic signal rejuvenation noted by Guy and Dennis around 1400. A check of the band at 1315 showed nothing special, and it seemed like it would be another mediocre morning with only a few big gun TP's showing up with fair audio. But another check at 1355 revealed a high band TP bonanza, with 1377-China, 1566-HLAZ and 1575-VOA all pounding in with unusually strong audio (the best that they have managed all season). The audio was pretty erratic, though, and was up and down like a roller coaster. Having limited time, I concentrated on the 1377-China signal, and recorded a few seconds of decent audio, plus some 5 + 1 pips at 1400. Nothing was really set up for a TP-DXing session here this morning, though-- instead of setting up the 8" FSL antenna outside in the back yard as usual, I simply grabbed a spare 8" FSL in my bedroom, and inductively coupled it to the PL-380 while su!
 rrounded by the house's internal AC wiring.  Despite this humble DXing setup, 1377-China, 1566-HLAZ and 1575-VOA were all still going strong when I needed to cut the weird session short at 1410.

1377 CNR1  (presumed) Good Chinese female and male speech in
             and out at 1358   http://www.mediafire.com/?6fxz8jc2q441w9w

Like Guy says, it's mystery why none of these high band TP's showed up with good audio for DXers in the Victoria area, 100 miles to the NW. After suffering through many days of reading their exotic New Zealand and Australia DX reports from Victoria while being stuck this DU-dead zone, I can understand their feelings.

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" MW loopstick PL-380 + 2011 model 8" FSL antenna
(indoors)