[IRCA] ULR DX......NEW STATE # 43 for the ULR LOG last night!!!! ARIZONA!!!!

[IRCA] ULR DX......NEW STATE # 43 for the ULR LOG last night!!!! ARIZONA!!!!

Hi Guys:

 With all the reports of Arizona being Logged on 1580 the last few nights, I decided to camp out on 1580 and try to dig out KMIK Radio Disney on the Ultralight!! I was rewarded after about 1/2 Hour of Monitoring when CKDO finally took a Dive enabling me to hear some Radio Disney programming in the Mix!! There is only ONE Radio Disney Outlet on 1580 Khz...so this has to be KMIK from Tempe, ARIZONA!!

I previously logged this Station way back on March 31 1980 when it was KNIX.....a Country Station owned by Buck Owens!! Was lucky to get a Letter QSL for that reception back in 1980. So...it's not NEW for the OVERALL LOG.....but is a Great Catch for me on the ULTRALIGHT BAREFOOT!!! This is STATE # 43 Heard on the Ultralights!!

I was able to Parallel several of the songs up to 1560 New York - Radio Disney as well as hear some Radio Disney IDs/Promos.

RADIO USED is..................SONY SRF-T615 Ultralight Barefoot

ULR LOG TOTALS are now.............1,023 Stations heard

73....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA

1580  KMIK  Tempe, ARIZONA  Oct/21/12  2348 EDT     EE    POOR-FAIR
Made a 15 Minute appearance in/out mostly under CKDO. Better when CKDO took a few
deep fades!! Pop Music...song by ADELE @ 2348 EDT. Able to match this and a few
other Pop Songs up with 1560 Radio Disney -  New York. Radio Disney IDs and a Contest
Promo @ 2357 EDT. Male DJ with chatter and more Disney IDs into Pop Music
0001-0005 EDT then not heard again.

RELOG NEW CALLS...EX-KNIX ...But NEW to ULR # 1023 (STATE # 43 for ULR)     50 KW
ROSS, ONT.