[IRCA] TP Oct 7, 2012 / Victoria version

[IRCA] TP Oct 7, 2012 / Victoria version

Very "bitty" this morning. The big guns weren't really so big much of the time from 1355UT onwards, but were hanging in there, still occasionally readable when I bailed at 1430UT (they seemed more vibrant around 1330UT, but I wasn't "really" listening then, figuring it would be better later, so started organizing breakfast, a mistake perhaps). But, I heard my first 738/1143 Taiwan parallel this season, and finally some hint of Chinese identification on 936, so it wasn't all bad. I'd still have to say, as others have, that it was down from yesterday however. Also, quite poor in the upper band.

pretty darn good audio (all of it understandable by a native speaker, at least
briefly):

774 woman w/EE lessons 1355UT

reasonable audio  at  times during the period (much of it understandable by a
native speaker, though often battling w/splash or noise):

972 HLCA man in KK 1356UT

not so reasonable audio, occasional words or phrases in splash or noise could be
understood by a native speaker:

639 CNR1 woman in CC //6125 at 1404UT
657 Pyongyang BS. man in intense KK followed by operatic vocal by woman //3250 at 1411UT
594 JOAK man in JJ 1358
747 JOIB man in JJ 1401UT
828 JOBB man and woman, EE lessons, 1407UT //774

Burbles in the splatter and noise (if lucky, language might be guessed at by
cadence of talk, or parallel established by changes in talk or music) :

567 unID man talking at 1406UT, but 594 potential //was in the murk at this time 603 unIDs. again showing the limitations of band conditions and local noise. Two stations deep in the murk, instrumental (orchestral?) mx, plus a woman talking. No clue.
702 NHK2 woman talking //774 at 1406UT
738 BEL2 (see 1143 below)
891 JOHK? weak talk at 1417UT, seemed parallel with a weak 594?
936 Anhui? easy vocal mx w/western flavor, 1359UT, followed by CC pips at 1400UT, then man talking, CC inflection 1143 BEL2 Taiwan Fisheries, the catch of the morning (so to speak) woman talking at 1418UT, occasionally //with weaker 738, which was bothered more with splatter and fading.
1287 JOHR?  JJ sounding man at 1402UT

Strongish het, no audio (either undermodulated or ravaged by splatter):

558 (lots of splatter this morning), 864, 909, 918, 1017

best wishes,

Nick