Re: [IRCA] Alberta TP/DUs for 27 Sep 2012

Re: [IRCA] Alberta TP/DUs for 27 Sep 2012

I'd have to concur that this season isn't nearly as poor as expected, but then I realized that 2007 was probably the last season that I listened at home in September, due to work field trips and personal commitments, so perhaps I don't have as good a handle on the history as some others do. But I do feel that the Chinese signals seem a bit early here this season, though of course none meet the levels of the NHK big guns, which themselves seem to be declining already in strength as sunrise approaches.

I don't think that TAs have been nearly as good this season as was the case in those years; hearing TAs seems to be the best indication of good high latitude conditions here. We'd had at least one good opening by this time in 2007, and a number of evenings with carriers, and even carriers have been pretty thin this season.

best wishes,

Nick