Re: [IRCA] Is HD RADIO the future for AM?

Re: [IRCA] Is HD RADIO the future for AM?

I think IBOC has been out there long enough to see it is not going
anywhere. Even KEX looks like they dropped it. I have not heard IBOC on
KEX for sometime. Now that I have said that, I hope I did not jinx it.
hi. But the consumer just doesn't care. Even on FM, it has not been
popular. Why even have IBOC on AM anyway? For the listener that enjoys
decent frequency response in analog, trying to listen to a station
running HD in analog, the audio suffers. KEX sounds great in analog
without IBOC. They always did, if the listener had a good sound system.

Patrick

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager