Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] This morning's DU chase from IL

Re: [IRCA] [ABDX] This morning's DU chase from IL

Similar conditions here this morning that excluded the California big
guns.  The previous morning brought 740 KCBS (new!), the usual KFI,
KNBR, etc., but this morning had 650 CKOM in strong, 660 CFFR Calgary in
nice (also new) to the NW, possible 690 CBU Vancouver weak but with
distinct CBC Radio One music at TOH, 1010 Calgary, etc.  To the SW, 770
had a strong XEIH "La Única" (new log - WBBM IBOC was off).

For DUs, faint traces of audio surfaced for the first time on 657,
enough to tell it was a song being played, but not really enough to
match audio to New Zealand's Southern Star web stream.  738 had some
bits of audio and 702 had a decent carrier but no audio through WLW's
slop.  DU signals are now peaking later at around 1130 UTC here.  This
also means I'm out of the game due to a new RFI source in the
neighborhood that wipes out DC to daylight starting everyday at 1130
UTC, but that's another story...

Tim Tromp
West Michigan
Perseus SDR + phased BOGs