[IRCA] Alberta TP/DUs for 3/4/5 Sep 2012

[IRCA] Alberta TP/DUs for 3/4/5 Sep 2012

I've been out of town for the past few days, so couldn't do my regular listening. Through the miracle of automation, I did record each morning at 1200, though that's actually a bit early now for the peak, with the sunrise rapidly getting later. Anyhow, my observations:

3 Sept - a dud, with only a few carriers, none of them of any strength
4 Sept - better, with many more carriers, but still no audio. Going by the frequencies of the carriers, seemed to favour DU. 5 Sept- the best day of the three, with audio from Australia on 738, 828 (though I only heard the news fanfare on those 2), 1548, and 1629. 1629 actually showed numerous carriers on the display, with the dominant one (and the one with consistent audio) about 50 Hz low. Two other X-band channels, 1656 and 1674 had decent carriers that never quite made audio, as was the case with 702. Oddly, 1701, usually the most reliable X-band frequency, had only a very weak carrier.

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta