Re: [IRCA] TP's & DU's for Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Re: [IRCA] TP's & DU's for Wednesday, September 05, 2012

I agree with you, Gary! DU are depressingly absent from Puyallup, year
after year. I'm not out chasing the DX from home nearly as often as you
are, but in nine years of living here I've logged TPs and TAs, but not DUs.
The closest I've come was RTM Kota Kinabalu on 1475 at a surprisingly good
level... but Malaysia's not exactly Australia or New Zealand! It's closer
to DU-land than the Japanese, Chinese, and Korean MW outlets that are the
normal fare when overseas MW DX makes it to Puyallup.

It would be interesting to know the mechanics of why the DUs are absent.
Perhaps it's simply the greater distance? Difficulty of a trans-equatorial
route vs. polar for the signals?

73,

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA