From: Robert Ross <va3sw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Aug 9, 2012 7:23 pm
Subject: Re: [IRCA] Recent DXpedition to Grayland, WA & Florence, OR

On 2012-08-09, at 10:09 PM, d1028gary@xxxxxxx wrote:

Hi Bill,

<<< I think it's really hard to 'compare' what Gary's able to hear
on a
small
portable radio with a super cool FSL antenna with what I do via a
Perseus &
DKAZ. Somehow I give him several 'bonus points' just for doing what
he does
LIVE, with cars whoosing by and a few hundred feet above the pounding
surf
while
I'm literally sleeping! Now that I've been to where Gary did his
last
DXpedition I'm
VERY impressed. I would not do what he does. I might visit Sea Lion
Caves
down
the road but I would NOT stand out there with a portable radio and a
FSL and
cars
whooshing by at sunrise!   >>>

Thanks very much for your comments! I'm still waiting for the
Discovery
Channel to make me an offer for a new reality TV Show-- "Deadliest DX Catch."

73, Gary

Gary...If you don't stop exposing yourself to all of these Dangers in order to hear New Stations....we may even be able to get you a Spot of "INTERVENTION"!!!!
You definitely have an addiction!! HAHAHHAHAHA.......

We may have to send you to the Betty Ford "A DX TION" CENTER!!! HAHAHHA

You're a Brave man Gary.........

73....ROB VA3SW

Robert S. Ross
London, Ontario CANADA