[IRCA] more on DXing a little bit inland

[IRCA] more on DXing a little bit inland

I did some experiments with this theory (with Nick
as well) in 1994 and 1995 during one particularly good season
where TA's were audible at my location 1.35 km
from the waterfront in Victoria B.C. (on Cook Street)
sometimes early in the afternoon.

Cook Street, in Victoria B.C., terminated on Dallas Road -- and although
not a true coastal location, it did exhibit unusual characteristics
during the occasional "walk down" to the waterfront.

The problem with this method of observation was, as I changed
location, signal levels definitely ebbed and flowed but
without simultaneous and synchronous signal readings being
taken from fixed points along the route, the observations
were merely anecdotal and curious.

I noticed a similar pattern as I drove inland, one season,
to a mini beverage site daily over a couple of weeks -
that signals seemed to rise and fall, across the entire
band with some predictability.

Here in 2012 it is good to see the group pursue this
theory and supposition with a bit more technology
and ability to extract some more scientific metrics.

Colin Newell - Victoria B.C. Canada