Re: [IRCA] [coastalroundtable] Recent DXpedition to Grayland, WA & Florence, OR

Re: [IRCA] [coastalroundtable] Recent DXpedition to Grayland, WA & Florence, OR

Your experiences and DX from both locations provide a lot of "food for
thought", Bill. I've listened to all of your clips over the last couple of
days.

I like your summary comment "...I won't be forsaking the Grayland Motel any
time soon!". I'm in agreement with that, after hearing all your files and
drawing my own conclusions. However, I'll add the nearby Grayland Beach
State Park into the mix of not-to-be-foresaken DXpedition locales... it's
my "thrifty DXer's" destination of choice.

I'll be back at the south end of the park in a few days, likely using a
DKAZ for the first time instead of a phased array unless the brush and
obstacles aren't as bad as I remember. I hope I get a haul of DX even half
as good as you managed on the 2nd; those Hawaiian clips and some of the
Kiwi recordings are really impressive!

GREAT JOB on providing comparison DX from both QTHs, Bill. Although we have
the variable of the distance between the two locations to consider, your
efforts provide the most interesting DX test yet of sea level vs. elevated
DXing.

Guy Atkins
Puyallup, WA