Re: [IRCA] New Station KARI 550 Blaine, WA

Re: [IRCA] New Station KARI 550 Blaine, WA

Hi, Dennis.  KBRW is a regular from my DX cottage on Haida Gwaii.  Still,
it can be a tough catch even with KNBR up there.  The best time to catch an
ID is often a few minutes before the TOH during NPR breaks.  They'll often
ID, and as Patrick said, give the local weather.  When conditions are
right, they can be a real powerhouse too, but that's rare.  I still recall
fondly New Year's eve programming announcing that the planned fireworks
were off, since the pyrotechnics guy was unavailable.  By the way, Unakleet
930 is even a bigger catch for me, with Ketchikan being only 75 or so km
from me directly to the north.  They often have long periods of dead air
overnight, and this is when I've been able to hear the 2nd Alaskan.
 73,....Walt