[IRCA] Pre/post Sunset Skip --04/07/12

Saturday evening skip was absolutely amazing. Things must have started to hop at 18:00 PDT but I started my scan at 18:30 and the first signal in loud and clear was 940 Fresno CA. The total band was showing good skip except 540 which was still vacant. No CBK yet while 990 and 1010 were active already. 1700 had an audible signal from Tj.Mex.  Some of the closer by graveyarders were topping out with temporary clear signals and one that ID'd nicely was KEDO Longview WA during a Mariners Baseball game. KPWX in Mt.Angel OR was still giving CKWX Van BC a hard time at least half an hour after LSS so are they cheating by delaying powering down to night power? Caught some sports on 1500 before it faded and I assumed it to be KIEV Culver City CA (if they are on air now). Heard Spanish on 1570 for a few minutes before disappearing so either KCVR Lodi CA or KTGE Salinas CA. Both of these were first time catches here. 640 LA and 760 S.D. were showing signs of life
 an hour before LSS at 7:55 PM PDT.Scanning time was cut short due to other commitments but this time I enjoyed a little downtime from the digital noise that usually plagues most of the vacant freqs here.
Bill in BC