[IRCA] New station heard 4/4/12

4/4/12
1200UTC XEVU, Mazatlán, Sinoloa MEX (1 kW @ 1696 km / 1054 mi), heard with poor signal on barefoot Sony SRF-T615.  Program content was the national
anthem of México at 1200, anthem of Sinaloa at 1202, and música banda at 1205.  Signal faded away under XEDE at 1212.

No announcement was heard, so ID is based on the station broadcasting "el himno del Estado de Sinaloa" at 1202-1205 UTC.

Using a Tecsun PL-360 and DeBock 7.5-inch ferrite loop, I could hear a barely audible signal under XEDE and WGN QRM at 1213-1223.

Ultralight station #994 (barefoot #983) and Mexico #178.

Correction to my earlier mention about daylight saving time in México starting 4/1/12. The state of Sonora, like Arizona, did not change and remains on Mountain
Standard Time.

Buena DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen