[IRCA] Strongest in El Cajon, CA (Re: Strongest Stations Kalama, WA)

[IRCA] Strongest in El Cajon, CA (Re: Strongest Stations Kalama, WA)

I don't have the fancy setup you guys have, but I do have a Tecsun PL-606 which has a relative signal strength indicator (although I don't believe it's calibrated to any particular source.)  Here's a list of several of the strongest stations here as indicated on my barefoot Tecsun PL-606...
Day:
1170 KCBQ - 81/25 (81 dBµ RSSI, 25 dB S/N) - 50 kW DA (112.5 kW ERP) @ 9.3 mi, 7°
1130 KSDO - 75/25 - 10 kW DA (~ 10.3 kW ERP) @ 6.3 mi, 350°
760 KFMB - 72/25 - 5 kW ND @ 7.3 mi, 321°
690 XEWW - 69/25 - 77 kW DA (~ 187 kW ERP) @ 32.4 mi, 189°
600 KOGO - 68/25 - 5 kW DA (~ 2.4 kW ERP) @ 7.7 mi, 249°
1360 KLSD - 67/25 - 5 kW ND @ 8.3 mi, 255°
910 KECR - 66/25 - 5 kW DA (~ 5.12 kW ERP) @ 9.3 mi, 7°
1240 KNSN - 58/25 - 0.55 kW ND @ 11.2 mi, 246°

Night:
760 KFMB - 80/25 - 50kW DA (~ 37 kW ERP) @ 7.3 mi, 321°
1130 KSDO - 76/25 - 10 kW DA (~ 12.7 kW ERP) @ 6.3 mi, 350°
910 KECR - 71/25 - 5 kW DA (~ 10.5 kW ERP) @ 9.3 mi, 7°
600 KOGO - 68/25 - 5 kW DA (~ 2.4 kW ERP) @ 7.7 mi, 249°
1170 KCBQ - 68/25 - 2.9 kW DA (~ 7.8 kW ERP) @ 9.3 mi, 7°
690 XEWW - 62/25 - 50 kW DA (~ 18.8 kW ERP) @ 32.4 mi, 189°
1360 KLSD - 61/25 - 1 kW ND @ 8.3 mi, 255°
1240 KNSN - 60/25 - 0.55 kW ND @ 11.2 mi, 246°

Now I'm curious ... I don't know if you guys have any of the DSP radios with the signal displays, but if you do ... how do your big rigs, using the highest gain antenna setups you have, behave (indicated signal strength, how far do you have to tune off-frequency (assuming an untuned omnidirectional antenna and bandwidth set for normal AM program listening) before it's no longer a factor in the reception of near-frequency weak DX (including blocking/desense, not just audible splatter), etc) on very strong signals there, especially ones that indicate over 80 to 88 dBµ on a barefoot DSP radio (especially if it's the PL-360 with no antenna plugged into its antenna port)?  And toward the other end of the scale, what might be the average signal to noise ratio on the big rigs with the big antennas on a signal that is barely readable (indicating 0 or 1 dB S/N and requiring headphones) on a barefoot DSP radio?