[IRCA] Good DX night 3/10/12.

Overall it was a good night of DX-ing despite the elevated geomagnetic activity.  I managed to log three new stations using a barefoot ultralight receiver.

3/10/12
0100UTC  940 kHz WMAC, Macon GA (10 kW @ 1312 km / 815 mi), ABC news, weather forecast at 0103 followed by "News Talk 940", and "News Talk 940
WMAC" ID''s, fading out under WMIX at 0107. Sony SRF-T615. ULR station #981.

0806UTC  670 kHz KBOI, Boise ID (50 kW @ 1786 km / 1109 mi), briefly with regular programming, then tones and Morse ID. Test ended at 0210. Fair signal
strength with moderate QRM from Radio Rebelde (con heterodino). Heard again at 0836-0838. Sony SRF-T615. ULR station #982.

1121UTC  780 kHz WIIN, Ridgeland MS (5 kW @ 796 km / 495 mi), fair signal strength with country music and "US96.3 Country" ID. Slight QRM from WBBM.
Sony SRF-T615. ULR station #983.

I listened for the KOTZ test at 0900 UTC hearing only severe QRM from usual pest XEDE, Satillo, Coahuila. The previous night XEDE covered WGN most of the
time.

WBBM returned to the air at 0944 UTC. WGN's carrier came on at 0951UTC, with a full data sign-on announcement at 0959. WSCR came back on at 1000.

My ULR total is now 983 (barefoot 972) from 19 countries in four continents.

Good DX.

Richard.

Richard Allen
36°22'51"N / 97°26'35"W