From: neilkaz <neilkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: am@xxxxxxxxxxx; irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: [NRC-AM] [IRCA] Unid pop music station 900?

You'll probably need to ID this to be sure as I see two possibilities from Mexico, neither of them XEW since this isn't their format. One is Veracruz, Los 40 Principalites.. which is a big network with mx like this, but some of it is SS. http://www.los40.com.mx/musica/ Click on escucha and you can get the stream.

The other is Cd. Cuauhtemoc which is now Hits FM rather than La Reina (was nortena/ranchero). http://www.mmradio.com/hitsfm is a generic website. I am unsure whether this is a network of // operations or not. Looking at the website for a couple of them (some links don't work) it seems they list all SS songs, but that is just the top 10 hits list, and they could also play some EE songs with this format.

I've had both here in IL over the years, with XEDT being considerably more common.

Perhaps someone closer to and/or 100% fluent in SS can advise.

http://mexicoradiotv.com/frec_am_0800-1090.htm shows XETAK also with a likely appropriate format but I've never seen that stn reported at distances like our's.

73 KAZ