[IRCA] 900 CKMO sign-off

Just got off the phone with the programming manager at CKMO.  A very nice
fellow, and one who's understanding of DXing.  He's a former ham.  The
sign-off (permanent) of CKMO is scheduled for 4 March 2012.  The problem is
that he has no idea exactly when this will occur!  It's out of his
control.  I pointed out that for DX purposes it should be at night, or at
least late afternoon for propagation purposes.  He further told me that he
couldn't just substitute programming, as there are regularly scheduled
programs airing.  BUT, he is planning a few "flourishes" to end CKMO's 900
existence.  What exactly, he wouldn't say.  He also said that he may not
know until the last possible moment, when the plug gets pulled.       Not
very encouraging, but a glimmer of hope, I suppose.  I asked him to call me
if he hears anything further.   I tried, fellas!    Walt Salmaniw,
Victoria, BC